What is Just Energy’s Stat Rewards program?
Just Energy is teaming up with Resideo’s Connected Savings® platform to power our Stat Rewards program. Stat Rewards aims to reduce the strain on the electrical grid during peak demand or elevated wholesale pricing, called an “Energy Savings Event.”
Program participants will receive a notification through their smart thermostat’s app and on the thermostat itself when an Energy Savings Event occurs and adjusts the thermostat setting by a few degrees. However, participants will never lose control of their thermostats. If you do not want to participate in an Energy Savings Event, simply change your thermostat settings.
Just by being a Stat Rewards participant, you will receive a $50 bill credit within 90 days of your application acceptance and a Stat Rewards half-cent ($0.005) per kWh discount within one to two billing cycles. To qualify, participants must have an eligible Amazon or Honeywell smart thermostat connected to the program. Adjusting your thermostat settings during an Energy Savings Event does not impact your participation.
What are the benefits?
- Within one to two billing cycles of acceptance, you will receive a Stat Rewards half-cent ($0.005) discount per kWh off your billed energy charges for as long as you remain active in the program.
- You will also receive a $50 bill credit within 90 days of acceptance.
- By shifting your usage during these periods, you can help the environment by minimizing your carbon footprint.
Have other questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions here.
Sounds great! How do I know if I qualify?
Stat Rewards participants must:
- Own a Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Focus, Wi-Fi Vision, Wi-Fi 9000, Wi-Fi, Smart Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, T5, T6, Round Smart, T9, T10, or Amazon Smart Thermostat.
- Register your smart thermostat with the manufacturer.
- Have a residence with the registered smart thermostat and active Just Energy account, with central air conditioning or a heat pump.
- Have an active electricity Smart Meter at the Just Energy account service address.
- Have an email registered in the Connected Savings platform.
- Maintain active status in the Connected Savings platform.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
How can I apply?
What are the benefits of my participation?
When will I start receiving the benefits?
What should I expect during an Energy Savings Event?
During an Energy Savings Event, you will receive a notification through your smart thermostat’s app and on the smart thermostat itself. The thermostat settings will adjust by a few degrees to lower your electricity usage. Simply opt out of an event by changing your thermostat settings during the event.
Can I get an advanced notification of an Energy Savings Event?
What if I don’t want my thermostat settings to change during an Energy Savings Event?
Will I lose control of my thermostat?
How will this program affect my current electricity plan with Just Energy?
Why do you need to adjust my thermostat settings during a Stat Rewards event?
What are some other ways I can reduce my electricity during a Stat Rewards event?
- Turn off all major home appliances, unnecessary lights, and electronic equipment.
- On warm days, close all blinds and drapes on windows with direct sun exposure during the event.
- Make sure your electrical equipment on a timer, such as a pool pump, is not scheduled during this time.
How do I opt out of the Stat Rewards Program (powered by Connected Savings®)?
Will enrollment in Stat Rewards impact my current energy plan with my retail electric provider?
If you are not currently a customer of Just Energy, you will need to sign up for a Just Energy electricity plan to participate the Stat Rewards program. See our plan options here.
Is my data safe?
How many thermostats can I enroll?
**Stat Rewards program is valid for Texas customers only. Upon acceptance, you will receive a half-cent ($0.005) discount per kWh used within 1 – 2 billing cycles. This discount will remain if your thermostat stays connected and you remain active in the program. You will also receive a $50 bill credit within 90 days of acceptance.